Re: McKinley: Choices (Spoilers: Rose Daughter)

From: <Cimmorene@aol.com>
Date: Tue Feb 10 1998 - 21:57:10 PST

I always interpreted it as the beast turns into a prince because she sees him
as one.
The thing I liked about Beauty was that she wasn't pretty either. In most
stories the beast has to learn to love her as well as she him. Well, his job
is easy because she's beautiful. I like the way they both turn beautiful at
the end of Beauty, like they both see each other as beautiful. Love is blind
and all that. I think the fairy tale takes the metaphorical and makes it
literal.