Re: McKinley: Choices (Spoilers: Rose Daughter, Beauty)

From: Damien R. Sullivan <phoenix@ugcs.caltech.edu>
Date: Wed Feb 11 1998 - 12:11:48 PST

Oh! I'd forgotten the bit about _Beauty_ that did annoy me: Beauty's
transformation. The Beast's restoration was both kind to all concerned
and a logical end to the curse. Her facelift was more random, or
perhaps "we can't end a fairy tale with plain people! Tranfigure her!"

Ironically, it might have made more sense in the frame of _Rose
Daughter_, where Beauty's destiny was tied up with the Beast to begin
with, if I recall correctly.

Shannon's point about the Beast's transformation being good for him, not
her, is a good one.

-xx- Damien X-)