Re: McKinley: Choices (Spoilers: Rose Daughter)

From: ShanChan <terrya@gladstone.uoregon.edu>
Date: Wed Feb 11 1998 - 08:12:17 PST

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998 Cimmorene@aol.com wrote:
> I have yet to read Rose Daughter, so I may not know what I'm talking about
> here, but it seems to me that the whole point of him not turning into a prince
> is that it is unnessassary. She loves him no matter what he looks like, and
> maybe even better because he is NOT beautiful. The ending where the guy turned
> into a prince always bothered me before. Why was it necessary (unless it it
> metephorically that he turns into a prince in her eyes)?

I don't really mind that he has to turn beautiful because it is a fairy
tale, I just feel sorry for the poor guy that has to keep eating by
himself and lumbering around in his huge beast form for the rest of his
life. I'm not so much concerned with her feelings on this matter as his.
Shannon
It's all ketchup: http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~terrya

"If it were only my life, and that would stop it- I have
sometimes offered it, not happily, for less. But it is not
only my life, and you have not asked, but taken." -Captain Kirk

"Presto! A little white bunny." -Mitch Peleggi

"My apathy is palpable at this moment." -Tom Servo