McKinley: Re: Laziness

From: ShanChan <shanchan@excite.com>
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 12:52:24 PDT

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000 12:09:21 -0700, mckinley@its.caltech.edu wrote:
> Indeed. All that power, and so, so, lazy.
>
> (That should provoke something.)

That seems to be a running character trait(fault?) in her books. I wouldn't
call it laziness, though. More a reluctance to use the power one has access
to- Luthe knows what kind of damage he could inflict and therefore stays out
of it. That girl in the "A Knot in the Grain" could have had all kinds of
fun but would rather just save her town and get on with life. Even Harry is
made nervous by the magic around her and would much rather have been
"normal."
I wonder if Robin is a pacifist?
Shan

It's all ketchup: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/2783/
"If it were only my life, and that would stop it- I have sometimes offered
it, not happily, for less. But it is not only my life, and you have not
asked, but taken." -Captain Kirk
"Presto! A little white bunny." -Mitch Peleggi
"My apathy is palpable at this moment." -Tom Servo
"We're a pacifist race. We only kill out of personal spite." -Brain Guy