Re: [Re: McKinley: spindles end]

From: Katya <katya714@netscape.net>
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 16:20:48 PST

I haven't read anything in that series other than Tam Lin myself, but I did
enjoy, mostly as a lit. junkie (English major)...three plays referred to in
the book are now the focus of my senior thesis...but I also have a Celtic
fantasy focus...I have read Sheri S. Tepper's Beauty (sleeping beauty), which
does touch on several fairy tales, including Tam Lin...but the Tepper novel is
far more political and not even half as sit-by-the-window-and-read comfy as
McKinley's works...obviously...

Regan

"Amy Anderson" <mariel@thedoghousemail.com> wrote:
Briar Rose was wonderful. It is an adaptation that takes place during the
holocaust. But I did not like Tam Lin. It was too long for the story line so
it dragged a lot.

        Amy

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000 20:44:04 ShanChan wrote:
>Has anyone else read the Fairy Tale series? Books from it include Snow White
>Rose Red, Briar Rose, Tam Lin, etc. I prefer ones similar to Robin's or Snow
>White Rose Red, where the fairy tale is left fairly intact. Can anyone
>recommend other novelizations?
>Thanks,
>Shan

Whaat!!! Have you tried The Doghouse??! Get your FREE WEB-BASED EMAIL account
at:
http://doghousemail.lycos.com