Re: [Re: McKinley: spindles end]

From: Allison Feliciano <afelicia@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 16:44:08 PST

I really enjoyed Tam Lin, being a lit junkie myself.
Those of you who liked it should really read Pamela
Dean's newest novel, "Juniper, Gentian, and Rosemary",
which is very similar.

I have read all the books in Terri Windlings series
except "The Nightingale", and I think that "Snow White
and Rose Red" was the one most similar to McKinley's
books.

For those of you who didn't catch it, there is a short
story by Robin in Terri Windling and Ellen Datlows
short story collection, called "Silver Birch, Blood
Moon". I think it's called 'The Marsh Wife', or
something similar.

BTW, has anyone on this list actually met Robin? If
so, could you tell us all about it? She visited the
middle school in my home town, but I was in high
school at the time so I missed it. My friends sister,
who met her, described her as "red hair, gypsy-like
clothing, with lots of bracelets". This would have
been around 1987 or so.

Allison