Re: McKinley: Choices (Spoilers: Rose Daughter)

From: <Cimmorene@aol.com>
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 20:09:27 PST

I have yet to read Rose Daughter, so I may not know what I'm talking about
here, but it seems to me that the whole point of him not turning into a prince
is that it is unnessassary. She loves him no matter what he looks like, and
maybe even better because he is NOT beautiful. The ending where the guy turned
into a prince always bothered me before. Why was it necessary (unless it it
metephorically that he turns into a prince in her eyes)?