Re: McKinley: Choices (Spoilers: Rose Daughter)

From: Damien R. Sullivan <phoenix@ugcs.caltech.edu>
Date: Fri Feb 06 1998 - 13:11:22 PST

Was he suffering? I don't remember. He was, after all, used to the
form, as she was used to him in that form, which if I recall correctly
was the reason she left him as a beast. I remember not liking it, but
it is an interesting switch on the tale.

In _Beauty_, of course, we got both -- the handsome prince, but first
"Where's my Beast?" to kick our minds and show us that she felt not
instant gratitude but confusion.

-xx- Damien X-)