Re: McKinley: Physical deformities (etc!)

From: Tawen Chang <tchang@law.harvard.edu>
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 08:47:39 PST

Yes, I love the Vorkosigan books too. Like you, my favorites are the two
books following Cordelia--I think they just came out with the omnibus
edition called Cordelia's Honor. A pretty close third is Warrior's
Apprentice, dealing with Miles' early years. I love the whole series
though, and Miles Vorkosigan is one of my favorite characters in sci-fi.
Bujold never lets you forget that Vorkosigan's drastically physically
flawed, but like the characters around him you feel his energy so strongly
that the physical flaw is a pale and insignificant thing in comparison.
He's not perfect--he could be manipulative (in a relatively benign way) and
self-centered, for instance, but he's also funny, self-deprecating,
honorable, and amazingly perceptive.

Anyway, enough gushing.....

Tawen
p.s. I suppose this could be a mild spoiler, but -- I am totally envious
of Ekaterin! :-)