Re: McKinley: favorite 5 fantasy/sci-fi?

From: Jennifer R. J. <jenjavar@superior.net>
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 21:09:21 PDT

     I don't think I can only do 5 books, but maybe 5 series or something
would work. These aren't in any particular order.
1) Weaveworld and Imajica by Clive Barker. It's horror fantasy, but I LOVE
the fantasy worlds in them.
2) The Skolian Series by Catherine Asaro. Romantic hard SF.
3) The Dark Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop. Romantic dark fantasy (and I
mean VERY dark).
4) The Family Tree by Sheri S. Tepper. Sort of defies description.
5) The Last Herald Mage and The Arrows Trilogies by Mercedes Lackey. Fantasy.
6) Watership Down by Richard Adams. Fantasy about rabbits.
7) Everything I've read by Robin McKinley.
          Jennifer- sorry I couldn't narrow it down to 5 books