Re: [Re: [Re: [Re: McKinley: HERO AND THE CROWN]]]

From: <phoenix@ugcs.caltech.edu>
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 12:45:52 PDT

Katya <katya714@netscape.net> wrote:
> phoenix@ugcs.caltech.edu wrote:

>> I don't think that was ever stated. Teka tells Aerin that Aerinha taught the
>> men of Damar honor and swordfighting, to Aerin's disgust.
>
> I somehow remember someone, perhaps Arlbeth or Tor saying something to the
> effect that Aerinha the goddess forged the crown...oh, well

And someone else found a reference, so I was wrong there.

>> I don't think the Crown is ever given an origin. It's tidy to assume that
>> Aerin's mother was Aerinha, or inspired the tales of her,
>
> Huh? Aerinha was the goddess, but Aerin's mother was mortal and semi-human
> (being northern...someone notes in the book that Aerinha and Aerin the mother

Agsded and Luthe seem as near as gods as makes no difference. More exactly,
mages of their power could pass as gods, or inspire tales of gods. Even Harry
and Gonturan rearrange some mountains (possibly with Aerin's help.) And
they're not terribly mortal; they're thousands of years old. And Aerin's
mother is Agsded's sister, and was a student with them, so she's thousands of
years old as well. And as powerful.

-xx- Damien X-)