Re: McKinley: HERO AND THE CROWN]]

From: wanda f vaughn <mcvaughn1@juno.com>
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 20:24:35 PDT

   I went and got my trusty paperback of Hero and looked up a few things.
 Aerinha was goddess of honor and flame. It was she who taught the men
to forge blades.(pg 17-18) She is also credited with forging the Hero's
Crown (pg. 69)
   Something else I found interesting. A person named Zanc thought that
the Crown was stolen by a black mage who road east with it. Not north.
(pg. 69) Much later in the story, Luthe said that he traveled East and
that is where he got Gonturan.(pg. 156) I found it interesting that the
direction both times was east. Except when Luthe mentions East, it is
capitalized and when Tor mentioned it, it was not.
   Hope this is helpful. I truly enjoy these stories!!!

Wanda V.