McKinley: OT personal news/prayer request

From: Betty <bettywinslow@usa.net>
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 08:32:39 PST

As the subject line says, this has nothing to do with the topic of this list,
so if you don't want to read further or would be offended by requests for
prayer, it's OK, just delete and move on!

I went in for a mammogram two weeks ago and suspicious masses showed up.
They sent me for bilateral sonograms this week and the masses showed on
them, too, so now they are sending me to have a mariluma (sp?) involving the
injection of radioactive dye. It will be at 1:00 this Friday (the 26th) and I
am a little scared of it (and more than a little scared of the possible
results, because of a family history of cancer).

Please pray that God's will would be done and He would be glorified in all of
this. I'd appreciate prayer for courage and strength to face the test and the
aftermath, as well as healing if that's what God wants for me, and for wisdom
and skill on the part of the people who will be treating me. (If you really
want to stay on your knees, pray that my son and his fiancee will be able to
turn to God with their fears, too, instead of other means of handling them.)

Any encouragement or cheering up you can offer via e-mail would be greatly
appreciated, too. This is already kind of a tough time of year for us, since 5
December is the 6th yr anniversary of my daughter's death. I know He is in
control of my life and that He loves me and only wants the best for me... but
I'm still scared!

Thanks and may you all have wonderful holidays with family and friends.

Betty