Re: McKinley: Where in the world are the McKinley fans?

From: Katherine Hartsough <kthartsough@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat Aug 07 1999 - 19:17:40 PDT

   I've read "The Little Prince", though I read it in French rather than
English. It's a really beautiful book, and contains a lot of symbolism that
beyond a childrens' level. The illustrations are also wonderful.
   Anyway, it's not so much, for me, the tale of B&B itself. It isn't one
of my favorite fairy tales, or anything. Rather, I was attracted by the
beauty of Robin's retelling, and the fact that it IS a retelling. I love
stories that are, because I enjoy the originals in the first place, and
secondly I like to see all the creative changes that are made. Any
suggestions of retellings are welcome.
    By the way, I think it's interesting how a lot of people refer to Robin
McKinley as "Robin". I did myself, although I felt kind of funny about it.
I'm so used to seeing the last name used.
                -Katie