Re: McKinley: programs in writing for young adults

From: Maren H Williams <mhwillia@ole.augie.edu>
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 07:43:47 PST

I did a 2-week Writing and Thinking Workshop at Lake Forest
College (Ill.) when I was 16 or 17. The program started at
Bard and is now at several colleges around the country.
Honestly I didn't like it much because it involved a lot of
tortured teenager poetry and I'm more of a humorous
narrative kind of girl. Also, we were usually expected to
write things overnight in a broiling dorm room while our
fellow workshoppers' stereos were shaking the walls.