Re: McKinley: Finally!!

From: Danielle <zildjian18@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 14:12:34 PST

There is a version of the ballad on p. 462. The
afterword on p. 459 is very interesting and
helpful as well, and it won't ruin the story or
anything.
The woman in the red cape is introduced later as
Prof. Medeous (among other things).
(I don't think Janet ever actually sees the
ghosts themselves, just the books thrown out the
window? She mainly just feels haunted by their
tragedies, doomed to repeat their fate, that kind
of thing, rather than personally encountering or
speaking to them...)
Happy reading. The end smacked down way too
quickly for me, and it took me a few rereadings
to figure out what the heck was going on, but
hopefully you'll have an easier time of it. Tam
Lin's one of the few books I've hauled around all
through nine Navy-induced address changes in the
last couple years, (no, I would never trust the
personal property office with a dead flea, let
alone my precious books) so ya know it's gotta be
worthwhile!
Danielle :)