Re: McKinley: angels?

From: <Reezymae@cs.com>
Date: Sun Jan 14 2001 - 19:08:55 PST

In a message dated 1/14/01 1:36:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Amessygurl@aol.com writes:

> hello! can anyone recommend any good books/movies/songs about angels

Well, I am not sure if this is exactly what you had in mind, but.....two of
my favorite Angel books are This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness
by Frank Peretti. It is definitely written from a Christian perspective and
it is more a Christian thriller than a fantasy but it is one of my favorites.
 Below is a synopsis and review from Amazon.com that I copied.

Amazon.com
This Present Darkness, by Frank Peretti, is among the classic novels of the
Christian thriller genre. First published in 1986, Peretti's book set a
suspenseful standard in spiritual warfare story-telling that has rarely been
met by his contemporaries. Set in the apparently innocent small town of
Ashton, This Present Darkness follows an intrepid born-again Christian
preacher and newspaper reporter as they unearth a New Age plot to take over
the local community and eventually the entire world. Nearly every page of the
book describes sulfur-breathing, black-winged, slobbering demons battling
with tall, handsome, angelic warriors on a level of reality that is just
beyond the senses. However, Christian believers and New Age demon-worshippers
are able to influence unseen clashes between good and evil by the power of
prayer. Peretti's violent descriptions of exorcisms are especially vivid:
"There were fifteen [demons], packed into Carmen's body like crawling,
superimposed maggots, boiling, writhing, a tangle of hideous arms, legs,
talons, and heads." This book is not for the squeamish. But for page-turning
spiritual suspense, it's hard to beat. Synopsis
Ashton is just a typical small town. But when a skeptical reporter and a
prayerful pastor begin to compare notes, they suddenly find themselves
fighting a hideous New Age plot to subjugate the townspeople, and eventually
the entire human race.

Hope you like it.
Marie Bowen
 <A HREF="http://www.andersonchristian.com/">Anderson Christian School, S.C.</A>