Re: Re: McKinley: favorite 5 fantasy/sci-fi?

From: Amy Anderson <mariel@thedoghousemail.com>
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 20:16:53 PDT

--
On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 22:48:27   Amessygurl wrote:
>hello! you've got me intrigued now - just what what kind of "interesting
>twist" does s. newman's guinevere trilogy have(give "spoiler" warning, if
>necessary)? thanks!
 Spoiler####
The first book is about guinevere growing up and is sort of a fairy child. She was friends with a unicorn, there's actually a very touching scene with the creature. Then in the later books it ends up that because of this she never ages past her twenties so she dies at an old age with a youthful face. But I thought that the arthur/lancelot/guinever realtionship was really neat in this book. It is the only version tht I really liked this love triangle. Also all of the typical characters are written in totally new lights for example Gawain is a boy that really wants to be a knight but has a funny sleeping disorder. I would really recommend these books.
	Amy
Whaat!!! Have you tried The Doghouse??! Get your FREE WEB-BASED EMAIL account at:
http://doghousemail.lycos.com