Re: [McKinley: more witchiness]

From: Sarah Imholt <Arahsae@netscape.net>
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 13:45:53 PDT

amessygurl@aol.com wrote:
>now i have another witchy-type question: do y'all know if any of the
>following books about witches are set in the [more or less] "real world," >or
whether they take place in fantasy/sci-fi type settings?

_a sudden wild magic_ This is by Diana Wynne Jones and is set on Earth,
present times, and is about how witches/mages protect the world. Part of it
happens in space. I haven't read it in a while (it isn't one of my favorites
by her) but it is good--funny stuff. That's all I can remember.

_a college of magics_ By Caroline Stevermer and set in a separate fantasy
world. I liked this one also.

I swear I have read THE JUNIPER GAME, but cannot recall anything about it at
all! Or maybe I am just thinking about the book JUNIPER by Monica Furlong.
It is the sequel of sorts to WISE CHILD. Very witchy, very good stuff, though
it is marketed towards YA.

Are you looking for more witch-oriented books?

Sarah