Re: [McKinley: wanting to be rich and famous SPOILER for SE]

From: Morgan O.Hanzlik <morceyre@netscape.net>
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 12:57:03 PDT

Betty,

Thanks for the tip on the book. I'll try to find it. Do you know who wrote
it?

morgan

Betty <bettywinslow@usa.net> wrote:
> >The twist to the happy
> > ending is that Rosie is content *not* being a famous and wealthy
princess,
> and
> > somewhere, deep down, this bothers me. Shouldn't we all want to be
wealthy
> > and famous? Argh.
>
> Morgan, when I started doing book reviews for Christian Library Journal,
the
> first book they sent me was "Papa Gatto". In it, the heroine, beautiful,
kind,
> and poor, is noticed by the prince at the end of the story and he asks her
> marry him. She refuses, saying she doesn't know him that well, but she'll
be
> happy to get to know him better and she'll think abut it. (My paraphrase.)
> LOVED it! Finally, a fiary tale woman who knows there's more to a happy
> marriage than wealth and title!
>
> Betty

Morgan Orceyre Hanzlik

Practice random acts of intelligence & senseless acts of self-control.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On
my desk, I have a work station...

If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it Fed UP?