Re: McKinley: buffy

From: <phoenix@ugcs.caltech.edu>
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 20:44:08 PDT

Reezymae@cs.com wrote:

> I watch Buffy sometimes and I like it. It is sort of tongue in cheek (I
> hope) but it is good. Very interesting . Strong plotlines. Great one
> liners. It is very fanciful at times and maybe a little evil for me at

Evil?

But I wanted to say: I used to claim that its genre was "Valley Gothic". (As
in Valley Girls and Gothic Horror.) Which doesn't capture the humor, except
perhaps in the juxtaposition itself.

Oh, and whatever you exactly think of it, it's much better than you'd think
from the title. And most people think it's much better than the movie, which
was rather different anyway.

-xx- Damien X-)