McKinley: Into the Woods

From: ShanChan <shanchan@excite.com>
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 15:19:12 PDT

What do you all think of this play? I used to love watching it on PBS and
bought the video tape from the Discovery store...
 My favorite characters are the two Princes and especially their song
"Agony" about trying to catch Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. Bernadette
Peters plays the witch with a great sense of humor.
 Shan

PS: Just read Orson Scott Card's "Enchantment"- Great book! I'm getting so
many good recommendations from this list. Also just put in an order for
Spindle's End off Powells.com, should be here next week. :-D!

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000 17:03:33 -0500, mckinley@its.caltech.edu wrote:

> On Sun, 4 June 2000 16:38:54 EDT Cimmorene@aol.com writes:
> > I think that's the title of the book I have been looking for all
> > these
> > years!! Is it about cinderella, who is a witch, and she uses
> > witchcraft to
> > make herself beautiful at the ball and to make the prince fall in
> > love with
> > her,
>
> Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think this is the book that you're
> looking for. This one is more about a sleeping beauty. I'll scribe some
> of the blurb from the back of the book.
>
> "Bring Me the Head of Prince Charming" concerns the efforts of one
> Azzie Elbub, demon, to win the Millennial Evil Deeds award for the year
> 1000, given to the being whose acts do the most toward reshaping the
> world. Azzie's proposal to the Powers of Dark is simple: He will create
> a Prince Charming and a Sleeping Beauty. In time-honored fairy-tale
> fashion, the prince will fight his way through numerous perils to teach
> the side of the spellbound princess- at which point Azzie's evil twist
> will ensure that the Powers of Dark will win the grand prize. But even
> with an unlimited satanic credit card to order up any evil he needs,
> Azzie's plan is in trouble from the beginning...
>
> Like I said before, I'm sorry that it isn't your long lost favored book.
>
> Wanda Vaughn
mckinley]

It's all ketchup: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/2783/
"If it were only my life, and that would stop it- I have sometimes offered
it, not happily, for less. But it is not only my life, and you have not
asked, but taken." -Captain Kirk
"Presto! A little white bunny." -Mitch Peleggi
"My apathy is palpable at this moment." -Tom Servo
"We're a pacifist race. We only kill out of personal spite." -Brain Guy