McKinley: SPINDLE'S END-----SPOILERS!!!!!!

From: Sarah Imholt <Arahsae@netscape.net>
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 18:40:02 PDT

Hey all-

I think I recall somebody else saying they had read it, but if not, skip
this!

SPOILERS FOR SPINDLE'S END FOLLOWING!!!

=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
     OK-I finally got my hands on a copy of SPINDLE'S END and read it, and
though I enjoyed the book, it is not among her best. I liked ROSE DAUGHTER so
much and this was a little disappointing. The storyline is great, but
difficult to read. I don't know if she's getting more leeway with editors or
what, but this book was full of far too many lengthy parentheses. I had to
keep going back and re-reading paragraphs because I lost my train of thought
between all the dash marks and commas and parentheses, one after the other.
The book could have used another phase of editing to tighten eveything up,
including moving the frame of the story a little, as all the action happens in
just the last 50-100 pages or so. I kept waiting and waiting as I got nearer
and nearer the end.

This book also doesn't have the emotional OOMPH I get from Robin's best
writing, but I still liked it. I cannot NOT like it because I'm just too
biased as a fan of her stuff!

Any comments?

Sarah