McKinley: Enchantment

From: Sarah Imholt <Arahsae@netscape.net>
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 16:46:20 PDT

Speaking of fairy tale retellings, I read Orson Scott Card's ENCHANTMENT last
week and it was marvelous! I've read his ENDER'S GAME stuff (and recently
ENDER'S SHADOW) and was really surprised by how great his take on Sleeping
Beauty was. Has anyone else read it? It is just coming out in paperback in
the States.

He manages to combine Sleeping Beauty, Russia and Russian folklore, time
travel, and obscure languages into just a wonderful story. You could even
call it historical fiction, I guess. I couldn't put it down.

Any comments?

Sarah