McKinley: Book Recommendation - Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier

From: Clara Duong <koala@gel.net.au>
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 07:10:15 PDT

Hi,

Thought I'd just share my thoughts on a great book that I've just read that
many of you might enjoy as it's based on a fairy story! It's by an
Australian author so might be a little difficult to find overseas although
Amazon does have a hardback version.

It's "Daughter of the Forest" by Juliet Marillier and described as "Book 1
of the Sevenwaters Trilogy". The story is based on the Hans Christian
Andersen story "The Six Swans" and is really really beautiful and
McKinleyesque (in my view). What's good is that "Daughter of the Forest"
is a self-contained story and doesn't leave you hanging on.

Anyway, appreciate the thoughts of anyone else who has read the book.

Cheers,
Clara