Re: McKinley: memoirs of a geisha

From: ShanChan <shanchan@excite.com>
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 11:45:13 PST

Yes! Great book!
If anyone wants anything explained, I can try, (I lived there two years, one
year as an high school exchange student, one as a middle school English
teacher.)
Someone else who likes Terry Pratchett!!! Whoohoo!
Shan

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 07:02:22 -0500, mckinley@its.caltech.edu wrote:

> I finished that one a few months ago. I highly recommend it, it's
> intriguing on so many levels. You find yourself absorbed not only by the
> characters, but by the cultural references and explanations.
>
> @-}--Willow
>

> LAUREN JOHNSON wrote:
> >
> > hey you guys, i just started reading "memoirs of a geisha", and i
cannot put
> > it down! go check it out from the library, it is the AWESOMEST book!
> >
> > p.s. for people who've read it, i hate hasumomoto! she's such a bitch!
> > (pardon my language)
>
> --
> "The light was misty and actinic, the sort of light to
> make Steven Spielberg reach for his copyright lawyer."
> -Terry Pratchett, "Equal Rites"
mckinley]

It's all ketchup: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/2783/
"If it were only my life, and that would stop it- I have sometimes offered
it, not happily, for less. But it is not only my life, and you have not
asked, but taken." -Captain Kirk
"Presto! A little white bunny." -Mitch Peleggi
"My apathy is palpable at this moment." -Tom Servo
"We're a pacifist race. We only kill out of personal spite." -Brain Guy