Re: McKinley: epic fantasies

From: <immo@cyberus.com>
Date: Fri Aug 06 1999 - 04:39:56 PDT

I remember picking Sabriel up on a whim a couple of years ago, and I was
extremely surprised! It was admittedly darker than my usual fare, but I
was so engrossed by the immense understanding Nix appears to have for
his creation, I couldn't put it down. I'm always reassured where the
author at least _appears_ to know what he or she is writing about - and
Nix seemed to have an excellent handle on that.

Has anyone else found certain traits in authors that settle them into a
comfortable niche when reading? (Besides not killing off intriguing
characters in brutal fashion ;-)

@-}--Willow

--
She did observe, with some dismay, that, far from conquering all,
love lazily sidestepped practical problems.