Re: McKinley: Re: Trina Schart Hyman

From: Katherine Hartsough <kthartsough@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 23:06:25 PDT

girl seems rather ineffectual- she's not the one who went out in search of a
knight. I always prefer to see the ending as open to interpretation. The
final illustration is of Gawain? holding both their hands, and I like to
pretend that he realizes the fine qualities of his companion on the journey.
                   -Katie