McKinley: New?-ish truncated life story

From: <hanlon@earthling.net>
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 21:38:10 PDT

I was snooping around the William Morrow (parent company of Greenwillow) site, trying to find something about the upcoming "Water" book, and instead found Robin's humorous short account of her whirlwind childhood, firm self-planting in Maine, and subsequent uprooting to England. Along the way she talks about her whippet, step-grandchildren(!), rosebushes, and thousands of books. This can be found at http://207.17.98.137/wm_user/longauthor.html?auth_id=708
This may even be the longer _Rose Daughter_ author's note that someone mentioned here once - some of it sounds familiar.

Also, I realized that I must have sent my response to the 'Congress voting on internet long distance charges' thing to whoever replied to it last instead of to the whole board (that's now at least the second time I've done that to someone). Anyway, in that message I gave an address for a page debunking this very myth. I'm too lazy to go back and find it now, but if you go to www.snopes.com, click on 'database search', and search for 'internet', it'll be on the list.

Maren Williams