Re: McKinley: kipling, again, and tolkien

From: <Sabhdh@aol.com>
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 08:08:16 PDT

Felicitations and salutations, all!

I've read "The Cat That Walked by Himself"- it's a short story, actually- and
am a big fan of Kipling's poetry. "Captains Courageous" I started, then
promptly misplaced, of all foul luck. Should really start it again. I
haven't heard of a movie of Kim, though my grandparents have a fairly old
comic-book version of it. Speaking of Kipling, has everyone read Robin's
picture-book "Stories from the Jungle Book"? Well-done, as is all her work,
I thought.

As for the Tolkien movie, scuttlebutt from my fellow AD&D players has it that
it's to be live-action, with computer-generated special effects. I can't
vouch for this at all, but these people are wildly into SF/fantasy, so
they're probably correct.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents-worth. And read Kipling's poetry if you get the
chance, especially The Ballad of East and West. I love that one so much
that I memorized it- all 6 pages. Enjoy the spring, all, and may it be as
sunny and flower-filled as mine.

Vale,
Carolyn

(PS~ Cameron- I have a copy of Kim and of an anthology of Kipling's stories &
poems, if you want to borrow either. The anthology has "Cat" in it, among
others.)