Re: [McKinley: Re: cover letter]

From: Betty <bettywinslow@usa.net>
Date: Fri Jan 08 1999 - 11:10:41 PST

Try the public library. Look up "query letters". There is an excellent one
published by Writer's Digest, but I can't remember the name. It's pretty
straightforward... "How to Write Query Letters" or something like that. Any
book on writing that they've published is worth a look, if you're a writer.
They also published one I read and liked so much I bought, called "Writing and
Illustrating Children's Books for Publication" by Berthe Amoss and Eric Suben.
It is excellent. There's a good chapter on submitting manuscripts which
includes information on query letters. You can't go wrong looking the subject
up in a Writer's Market or Writer's Yearbook, either. They're often found in
the reference dept. and you usually can't check out this year's, but ones from
past years go over details of submitting, etc., too. Good luck!

Betty