Re: McKinley: owl service/sirena/sabriel

From: <simholt@up.edu>
Date: Fri Dec 18 1998 - 23:09:06 PST

I have read Nix's Sabriel and it is wonderful. There is
a follow-up to it coming up in Fall 1999. He has set up
his own website at http://www.ozemail.com.au/~garthnix/
He has recently added a list of his favorite books and
authors INCLUDING Robin McKinley!

I recently read The Owl Service--it was really intriguing
and takes more than one reading to fully understand
what's going on. I found my copy in a used bookstore, for
it is out of print. I have also heard that another of
Garner's books-Red Shift-was also really good, but I haven't
gotten around to reading it. Will let you know when I do!

Sarah