Re: McKinley: Re:peter stuff(flight of dragons)

From: Damien R. Sullivan <phoenix@ugcs.caltech.edu>
Date: Wed May 20 1998 - 13:36:07 PDT

There isn't a plot in the book; they made one up in the movie. I only
saw part of it long ago; there was a relationship in the dragons
swallowing gems to grind limestone with. But they were stealing the
gems from dwarfs, somewhat absent from the book, and I think there was
magic running around as well. So at best it was based on the proposed
mechanisms for dragons, and I have my doubts about that.

Also, is Robin's husband the author of that book? I got the impression
there was a Peter Dickinson and a Peter Dickinsen, but I could be
totally wrong.

-xx- Damien X-)