Re: Avoiding Magic? (Was Re: McKinley: Stone Fey)

From: Cimmorene <Cimmorene@aol.com>
Date: Mon Apr 13 1998 - 21:54:16 PDT

I don't know if I would agree with this theory about magic. I think to be able
to use magic effectively you have to believe in yourself. Most of Robin's
characters had low self-esteem, so they were not able to perform magic very
well. I didn't get the idea that macig was necesarrily evil, but if you don't
have self-control then you can't control your magic and then it's out there
wreaking havoc. You also have to be very disciplined to use magic, and Robin's
characters were a little wild. Fell free to disagree w/ me.

Cimmorene@aol.com
The journey is the reward.