Re: McKinley: "new" book

From: Maren Williams <mhwilliams@chop.isca.uiowa.edu>
Date: Fri Jan 16 1998 - 15:47:53 PST

damien@ofb.net writes:
>On the old site there was some talk of a new Damar "sequel" coming out.
>In a local bookstore last night I saw an edition of _The Hero and the
>Crown_ which I'd never seen before. I presume that was it. Yee ha.
>Cover's not so bad; not a scene from the book, just a sword and dragon.
>But the old cover wasn't great, except for Maur. This edition also has
>a little blurb in the front saying that Hero predates _Sword_, and that
>there are some topographical differences. I'm not sure if the old
>edition was so explicit about that.
>
>-xx- GCU I'm Color Blind; I Only See Grey X-)
>
>Ancient Goth: someone who overthrew the Roman Empire.
>Modern Goth: a vegetarian pretending to be a vampire.
the old edition did have the thing about the time and topographical
differences. at least the paperback did. i'll check my hardcover later.
anyway, amazon.com is calling the "new" book "sequel to Hero and the crown"
and they say it hasn't been published yet.

---
Maren "Bob" Williams
Beatler, (They Might Be) Gianthead, Robin McKinley and Peter Dickinson
worshipper, Neutralist, Cherry Coke junkie
"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party
of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else
where I was capable of thinking for myself." - Thomas Jefferson
[To drop McKinley, tell:  majordomo@cco.caltech.edu  unsubscribe mckinley]