Re: McKinley: Re: Harry Potter

From: wanda f vaughn <mcvaughn1@juno.com>
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 17:20:55 PDT

Even companies with excellent reputations and talented artists can ruin
perfectly wonderful books when they try to transfer them to the silver
screen!
   Most notably (IMHO) was Disney's version of "The Black Cauldron". I
am a long time fan of Lloyd Alexander's. I wonder how he felt when he
saw how Disney massacred his story. Actually they took the villain from
the first book ("The Book of Three") and mixed him up with the story line
of the second book. Then they had the bad taste to leave out my favorite
character from the books all together! (Prince Gwydion) I was sorely
disappointed, to say the least.

Wanda