Re: McKinley: sailor moon cats?

From: Shannon Terry <shanchan@excite.com>
Date: Sat Jan 13 2001 - 10:10:21 PST

If you like cute animated Japanese cats, try Hayao Miyazaki's "My Neighbor
Totoro" and "Kiki's Delivery Service" Try to get the original Japanese
version with subtitles though, the English dubbed ones just don't do justice
and I hate the voices most of the time. Totoro is about two girls who move
to the country with their father and meet strange creatures from the forest,
including a huge "cat bus" that takes them places. Kiki is about a girl
witch who has to try and make her own way in a new town, along with her cat
Gigi who talks. These videos (all of Miyazaki's stuff is fantastic, by the
way) are usually available in off-kilter video stores.

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:11:11 EST, mckinley@its.caltech.edu wrote:

> hello! i was just wondering if anyone here knows anything about the
cartoon
> "sailor moon," and in particular about the two cat characters in it? the
> reason i ask is b/c i just got back from visiting a friend in d.c., where
> bought two very cute stuffed animal cats from the cartoon "sailor moon,"
but
> i don't know anything about them!:) the gray cat's name is luna and the
white
> one's name is artemis, and from the description on the back of their
boxes,
> "sailor moon" sounds a little bit similar to the power puff girls, but
that's
> all i know... (does it ever come on t.v.?) thanks!
>
> take care,
> cameron
> [To drop McKinley, tell: majordomo@cco.caltech.edu unsubscribe
mckinley]

It's all ketchup: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/2783/
"If it were only my life, and that would stop it- I have sometimes offered
it, not happily, for less. But it is not only my life, and you have not
asked, but taken." -Captain Kirk
"Presto! A little white bunny." -Mitch Peleggi
"My apathy is palpable at this moment." -Tom Servo
"We're a pacifist race. We only kill out of personal spite." -Brain Guy
"Because I'm tired of it. Year after year after year after year- Having to
choose between the lesser of who cares." -Leo McGarry