Re: McKinley: cold places!

From: <Melpomene247@aol.com>
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 06:25:29 PST

Try Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials series -- the first book, The Golden Compass, takes place in an alternate-reality artic region. Lots of wolves and fur coats and stuff.

I saw Phillip Pullman read at Books of Wonder in New York on Halloween, and it was great. Apparently he does all of his first drafts longhand, which is amazing.

Kelly