Re: McKinley: what is a spindle?

From: ShanChan <shanchan@excite.com>
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 08:51:17 PDT

Forgot to say the picture I attached is of spindles you hold in your hand.
The spindle can also be connected to the spinning wheel. The ones in the
picture are wooden, but spindles were often metal and somewhat sharp. You
couldn't really hurt your hand badly on a spindle unless you fell on it, but
you could prick your finger...