Re: McKinley: rose daughter (YAY!

From: LAUREN JOHNSON <woolsie@usa.net>
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 16:17:01 PST

i thought that the whole book was just screwed up. normally, you can't drag
me away from robin's books when i'm reading them, but my mind must have
wandered about 1000 times when i was just on one page. one reason i don't
like it may be that the lead character is a simpering, timid girl, while in
robin's other books, the characters are always so cool and they have minds of
their own. i also thought this book obsessed too much over roses, the plot
zigzags so many times you don't know what's going on in the present, in the
past, the future, whatever! there were times in the book when things just
happened randomly with no introduction to them, e.g. when beauty meets the
salamander. am i making sense? i thought that the whole thing was incredibly
disjointed and boring. yay! at least one person agrees with me (amy)!