Re: McKinley: bookfinder, etc?

From: Katherine Hartsough <kthartsough@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 16:53:16 PDT

  I agree about "A Knot in the Grain". I found the stories rather
simplistic, and not as good as those in her other story collection. I don't
think that I even read one of them all the way through. IMO, RM does a
better job with longer stories: they are more complex, and her characters
are infinitely more interesting, though I quite enjoyed her versions of the
"Frog Prince", and other fairy tales, which are in the other book.
     -Katie