Re: McKinley: Random Horse Question

From: Cameron Lynn <cslynn@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Mon Dec 07 1998 - 09:55:24 PST

At 04:08 PM 12/6/98 -0800, you wrote:

>A thought just occured to me: Assuming Harry used to ride English
>(since the Outlanders seem really British) she would have ridden English
>style, meaning she would have posted when trotting. But when she rides
>Damar style, there are no stirrups. Can you post without stirrups? Or
>do you just jounce around alot on the horse?

yes, you can post without stirrups, only it's really really REALLY hard -
as robin herself said in one interview, getting her stories down on paper
the first time is harder than anything, even harder than posting without
stirrups. robin has also said that harry's vaulting into the saddle(without
a mounting block or stirrups, etc) was wishful thinking, that robin could
never hope to do that herself, so maybe harry's posting without stirrups
and not getting massive leg-cramps is also wishful thinking...