Re: McKinley: librarianship (is that a word?)

From: Damien R. Sullivan <phoenix@ugcs.caltech.edu>
Date: Mon Oct 05 1998 - 12:29:42 PDT

On Oct 5, 9:06am, cameron lynn wrote:

> why do the top halves of my messages to this list-serv keep getting chopped

See the Errors-To line below.

On Oct 5, 7:04am, cameron lynn wrote:
> Subject: McKinley: librarianship (is that a word?)

> From owner-mckinley@chamber.cco.caltech.edu Mon Oct 5 07:04:01 1998
> Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 10:02:04 -0400
> To: mckinley@cco.caltech.edu
> From: cameron lynn <cslynn@mail.wm.edu>
> Subject: McKinley: librarianship (is that a word?)
>
> relates to robin, considering she seems to be one of the most well-read
> people on the planet - but anyway, can anyone on this list give me any

E-mail consists of a header of 'foo: blah blah' type lines, a blank line, and
the message. I would guess Cameron's original messages have a line or two
adjacent to the header, with a blank line between "sort of" and "relates to"
in this case. Or maybe she starts typing too quickly, and some text ends up
in the address box. Failing anything else, I'd recommend making sure to hit
Enter or Return before typing the message. If that doesn't work, I'm
clueless.

-xx- Damien R. Sullivan X-)