Re: McKinley: Deerskin warnings?

From: ShanChan <terrya@gladstone.uoregon.edu>
Date: Thu May 28 1998 - 16:07:56 PDT

I'd have to agree, a short note about how it tells the "old version" of
the fairy tale or the darker version... I knew the original fairy tale so
I wasn't surprised, but it was still really sad/shocking to actually read.
It is such a departure from her other books, a warning for younger readers
might be in order...
Shan
It's all ketchup: http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~terrya

"If it were only my life, and that would stop it- I have
sometimes offered it, not happily, for less. But it is not
only my life, and you have not asked, but taken." -Captain Kirk

"Presto! A little white bunny." -Mitch Peleggi

"My apathy is palpable at this moment." -Tom Servo

"We're a pacifist race. We only kill out of personal spite." -Brain Guy